What is Massage Therapy?
meclizine prescription vs otc Massage therapy is “a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client”.
Massage therapists treat clients by using touch to manipulate the soft-tissue muscles of the body. With their touch, therapists relieve pain, help rehabilitate injuries, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of clients. A treatment, in which the soft tissues of the body are kneaded, rubbed, tapped, and stroked. Its objective is to improves the functioning of the circulatory, muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems, and helps increase recovery from injury and illness.
How does massage therapy help?
- Loosens contracted, shortened muscles
- Stimulates muscles and improves the muscle tone
- Balances the muscular system
- Relieves Stiffness and muscle soreness
- Lower the heart and pulse rate
- Promotes proper posture
- Improves the body’s efficiency and well-being
- Balances the nervous system
- Release adhesions
- Release scar tissue formation
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Relieves tension-related headaches
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- Decreases stress and promotes relaxation
- Assist weight loss
- Rehabilitation post operative conditions
- Improve lymphatic drainage
- Improves your mind-body connection allowing clients to become aware of stress signals and how to react
- Reduces anxiety and depression
reference Contraindications of Massage Therapy:
Certain situations where it is advisable to be cautious about having massage treatment. Conditions such as: Acute inflammation, open wounds, redness, marked breathing difficulty, fever, skin rash, Varicose veins etc. If you have any of these conditions or other concerns, check with your therapist at the time of booking your treatment.
http://mgrboston.com/teachers/steve-silverstein We now have gift certificates available!!!